Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boston, Good Friends and Food

This week has been pretty great so far. I had an EXCELLENT shoot down by the Children's Museum on Congress Street in Boston. I forgot my remote timer (I know) but it worked out ok because of being so close to the water and city there was plenty of light to do my exposures (30sec-45secs) manually. Here are two of my favorites so far.




Then on Wednesday night I got together with my girls from work. It was so nice to see them. Tricia is having fun with her husband, going on mini-vacays, Keri and Val have a full summer with their kids and Molly is saving the world, or at least going to Haiti and pitching tents for the homeless. And teaching summer school for the middle school autism program. For that she needs a medal. Middle School!

I am continuing my job hunt. I sent out a ton of stuff today via email. We will see if it pans out. If if does I am looking at Newton (suburb but more city like outside of Boston), Cambridge or Boston itself. Which will be a hike but I am quickly falling in love with Boston. Just don't let it be a North End school or I will be the size of Oprah and will need to go on the "Biggest Loser".

I also re-did my etsy site and it paid off. I turned www.photogirlie.etsy.com from a jewelry site to a photography site and I got about 200 vies the first day! Then I opened up www.puzzlepiecejewelry.etsy.com for my jewelry. Not as many hits but ok! I am getting ready to get my artwork together to submit to about 20 competitions. And a submission to the New England School of Photography's Student show. If I get in, it will be my FIRST show. Ever. Outside of camera clubs. Pretty cool.

But for right now, I am still lazying around the apartment. Headache, sore throat and an upset tummy= being kinda ill. Which stinks cause its summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment