Saturday, July 30, 2011

An Idea...

I have lots of ideas. Most of them never become reality.

SO I have this new idea, that if I actually follow through, will take a few years to complete.

I am embarking on my first photo essay:

Town Carnivals and Festivals: A Slice of Americana

I will be documenting the phenomenon of the town carnival that comes to your home town, sets up shop for a week and then moves out. Some carnivals are to celebrate town pride, others are for fundraising for non-profit organization. But the more I thought about it the more I realized, that these sort of things don't really happen anywhere else.  Some of my childhood memories revolve around buying zeppoles at the fair, walking around and seeing the sights.

There will be three main parts to the essay: the people attending the carnival, the rides and carnival itself and those that work there.

I realize that this will take time, that its is a body of work, and that it may be years from now that it is finished. Then hopefully a book, even if it is just mine that I made on Blurb or Mpix.

Let me know what you thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment