Monday, December 21, 2009

Copley Square, Snow, Bailey's 1st time away and other musings...

Things have been busy. Very busy.
This weekend we had Mike's business holiday party. We stayed at the Copley Plaza Fairmont Hotel in Boston, right next to the Boston Library and a few famous churches. It was a lot of fun. Watching different cultures (American, Arabic and Greek mostly with some Canadians thrown in) dancing to Shakira and eating decidedly Middle Eastern food with an American twist. That said my stomach has been a wreck since.

It snowed, and Boston got about 2 feet of snow which is unusual, that amount normally falls out by us in the country. Boston area schools had off, as did NJ and VA schools. I however went to work. Meanwhile, Bailey had her first "hotel" stay. I was very nervous leaving her and she ran off without a look back. I almost teared up...what will happen when I drop of our child to school for the first time? No worries that will not happen for quite some time. Anyway it was a different story when we picked her up in the blizzard the next day. She was very happy to see us. I missed her so, that I romped with her in the snow for about 30 minutes when we got home. Mike was not sure who had more fun in the snow, the Bailster or me.

This week our friends Kurt and Allison had their first baby, a boy named Jasper. They are calling him Jazz for short which I think fits them perfectly! And it fits Jazz perfectly since it seems he sleeps all day and is partying like a rock star at night! We went to go visit them and holding Jazz was just wonderful. He is adorable and has that....smell...you know that delicious baby smell. All is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment