Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Big Day

So it is 9:23pm. I thought I had an ear infection and felt like crapola. Turns out just a cold with fluid in my ears. I thought I felt slushy.

Anyway. Tomorrow two big things: A visit to the Department of Education to try to get my licensing all done. Long story short my old job hasn't sent the referral letter  yet.  BUT I was not aware they needed it until this month. Then onto my interview with Watertown to see if I can get a new job. Its much further away but I have the possibility of being happy again.

I know that in these hard economic times, I am very lucky to have a job. Its been pointed out that not everyone likes their job. Thats why it it is called work. BUT until now, even though I had bad days and had an assistant from hell that made me have breakdowns, and marathon IEPS with very angry parents that thought I could cure Autism, I always always loved my job when it came down to it.  Not so much right now. So for my own sanity, and Mike's who has to listen to my misery, I searched for a new job, that seems like the ideal position. It will be in a pre-school Autism class; in the AM a self-contained setting and in the PM an intergrated preschool.  It seems ideal. They want me to help forge a new program, which I sorta did in Alexandria. My class was the district model for the new ABA program and I piloted the reading program as well.

So tomorrow is an adventure. Throw in a possible showing of NEW MOON (go TEAM JACOB) and cleaning the house before my husband comes home and I have a full day. Yet a day NOT at work. So that is  always a good thing. I just hope the DOE is nothing like the RMV...I better bring a book. And possible tainted Kool-Aide.

No comments:

Post a Comment