Saturday, March 2, 2013

Inspiration and a Migraine

Chatting with my brother today, I was inspired to do 2 things.

1. Loose the obscene weight I have gained post cancer recovery. Basically I gained like 15 pound while on chemo, all the while nauseous and not eating, and when I could eat I was like "F it, I am eating whatever I want".  I then gained about 5-10 more pounds. Now resemble a circle. Or a beached whale.

2. Blog more often. So I really want to, and I really want to talk about my Christmas gift, but can't yet...so.... What to blog about? Hmm. Art? I mean this IS supposed to be my art blog. I will make a concerted effort to be more of an artist. Am currently pondering "re-opening" my photo studio project.

WHAT studio you may ask?
Well. When I lived in Virginia I actually started shooting events. And I GOT PAID. I did three weddings. A few children sessions as well. If I could re-do any of them it would be the one I did for a friend and her baby. Would have done a much better job today. But that was 4 years ago already.

I digress.

I did 2 weddings with Mike, as I was A) nervous and B) the 2nd one was for friends of ours and we both wanted to do it. The 3rd wedding was great but again, would have been much better at it now.  I didn't resume it when we moved to Massachusetts because the idea of getting a new job, making new friends and not know the area seemed extremely overwhelming. And then time moved on. And then as I got back into my art I got sick. So...

So today, I have been battling a migraine (I lost) and now, in the migraine after affects of feeling like a limp rag and the brightness on my laptop screen dulled to near blackness, I am just pondering.

About life. About art. About everything and maybe I shouldn't and just, as Mike says, to relax. I def don't want the migraine to return.

So, thank you PJ for chatting this morning and motivating me to loose weight as to not be the husky sibling and to blog more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment